Come sing with the San Diego Women’s Chorus! We invite all treble singers to attend SDWC’s Spring 2019 New Member Info Session and Orientation on Sunday, January 20th at 4pm! Interested new members must attend the New Member Orientation meeting to learn more about SDWC, our upcoming season preparing for our next concert and to meet with Kathleen Hansen, our Artistic Director, to assess your ability to match pitch. There is no need to prepare for the orientation. You will be asked to sing some scales and maybe an easy song (like Happy Birthday).
Find more information or to RSVP, click here: https://goo.gl/forms/TrOCJ5oez6ncf0Yv2
SDWC is planning a truly monumental season as we present Quiet No More, our 2019 spring concert. This inspiring event will take place May 18th and 19th, and will honor the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall Uprising. As part of this special season, SDWC is participating in a commission project for a brand new, unique work that will commemorate and convey the impact and legacy of Stonewall. At this time, we are the only SSAA chorus that will be performing multi-movement work entitled “Quiet No More” as a stand-alone ensemble.
In addition to SDWC’s local debut of this piece, we have been invited to sing this summer with GMCLA and other great choruses at Walt Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles!
Will you help make this season one of our biggest and best ever? If you’ve been thinking about adding singing to your life, we would love to have you sing with us. Please RSVP HERE to let us know if you plan to attend our New Member Info Session and Orientation on Sunday January 20th!
More Information About Joining SDWC
- We welcome all woman-identified, gender-nonconforming, and transgender individuals as singing members.
- SDWC sings music for Soprano and Alto voices.
- SDWC rehearses weekly on Sunday afternoon from 4:00 – 7:00pm at Mission Hills United Church of Christ (MHUCC): 4070 Jackdaw St, San Diego CA 92103.
- Reading music is not necessary – just the ability to match pitch
- SDWC is a non-audition choral group
- Membership dues are approximately $240 annually (may be paid in monthly installments)
- Scholarships are available to cover membership dues – contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information