Join Our Chorus
you’re interested in joining the
We are always looking to add talented voices to our chorus. If you love to sing and are passionate about our mission to encourage women’s creativity, celebrate diversity and inspire social action, please join us! We welcome all woman-identified, gender-nonconforming, non-binary, and transgender individuals who sing in the treble/SSAA range as singing members. New members are accepted twice a year at the start of the Fall and Spring singing seasons.
Due to COVID restrictions, we currently rehearse remotely on Zoom on Sundays from 4:00 – 6:00pm. Ordinarily, we meet at Mission Hills United Church of Christ 4070 Jackdaw St, San Diego CA 92103 on Sundays from 4-7pm.
For the Fall 2020 season, out of town singers are allowed. New members (both local and out of town) and returning out of town members must attend a Virtual New Member Voicing and General Information Session on Zoom on Sunday 8/23/20 at 4pm. Our first rehearsal will be Sunday 8/30 at 4:00pm.
Requirements of Membership
- We welcome all woman-identified, gender-nonconforming, non-binary, and transgender individuals as singing members. SDWC sings music for treble (Soprano and Alto) voices.
- Reading music is not necessary – just the ability to match pitch
- Membership dues for Fall 2020 season are $80
- Scholarships are available to cover membership dues – contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information
Other Membership Requirements For In-Person Performances
- T-shirt with our logo for informal performances is $11
- At our two major concerts we wear black slacks or a skirt, with a black dress shirt and black shoes. Concert attire may vary for our summer concert. These articles can come from your own wardrobe.
Are you a non-singer?
If you are a non-singer and would like to join the San Diego Women’s Chorus, join The Accents! Click the button below to find out more.