SDWC believes in the power of music and the power of women to change the world and we have two specific funds that will help us realize that vision.
Support the Colleen Osburn Gratitude Scholarship
Singing member Paula Tallal created the Colleen Osburn Gratitude Scholarship this year in honor of her wife, who passed away July 5, 2014. The beautiful music and welcoming community of SDWC brought joy and comfort into their lives and it is our hope that this scholarship fund will enable women with financial barriers to join our chorus by paying for membership dues, music fees and retreat costs. Any amount you can give will help a woman add her voice and light to our sisterhood of singers.
To donate online, click the button below and use PayPal’s “Add Special Instructions to Seller” field to specify that you wish your donation to go to the Colleen Osburn Gratitude Scholarship.
Contribute to the Chris Allen Memorial Music Fund
We have also created the Chris Allen Memorial Music Fund which will help us continue to create the highest-quality musical experience we can for all of our performances. Our music is our activism and these funds will help us reach the hearts and minds of our audiences in a powerful, polished way. Donations to this fund will help us cover expenses such as hiring talented local instrumentalists, holding vocal workshops for singing members and commissioning unique choral arrangements.
To donate online, click the button below and use PayPal’s “Add Special Instructions to Seller” field to specify that you wish your donation to go to the Chris Allen Memorial Music Fund.
You can make a direct donation to the San Diego Women’s Chorus when you shop online! Amazon Smile and Ralph’s Rewards.
Steps for setting up AmazonSmile account:
- Go to https://smile.amazon.com/ and log into your Amazon account or sign up.
- Search for “San Diego Women’s Chorus” and select it on the following page.
- You will now be signed up for AmazonSmile! All purchases made through AmazonSmile will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to San Diego Women’s Chorus. (Please make sure that you are logged into AmazonSmile [not Amazon.com] when you are making purchases).
Thank you for your support!
Two ways to link your Ralphs Reward Card to raise funds for San Diego Women’s Chorus:
1. At the store: The next time you shop at Ralphs take your Ralphs’ Reward Card and the Ralph’s Community Giving form for San Diego Women’s Chorus. (It is a letter with a bar code at the bottom. Contact email@example.com.) You will present these to the cashier. She/He will scan your card and the bar code on the letter to register you in the program.
2. Online: Go to www.ralphs.com
Click on “Create an account” on the upper right side of the page. You will be led through 5 steps to create an on-line account.
After the account is set up you will get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email.
Go to ralphs.com and sign in using the email address and password that you just created.
Click on ‘My Account’ on left side and then click to edit ‘Community Rewards’ under Account Settings.
1. Enter 84710 in the search box, or type San Diego Women’s Chorus to search.
2. Select Organization by clicking on radio button.
3. Save your selection
To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see San Diego Women’s Chorus listed under ‘account settings’ under community rewards. You can now swipe your registered Ralph’s REWARDS card or use the phone number that is related to your Ralph’s REWARDS card when shopping.